Thursday, April 9, 2015

Famous Last Words for Week 12


So all of my classes are beginning to wind down here in the last few weeks of the semester. I feel so close, yet so far to finishing up this semester. I have three group projects and three papers that I’ll be working on between now and then. However, it will all be well worth it here in a few weeks.

I’m really looking forward to what life has in store for me. I have to admit that things have shaped up very well for me. I’ve been accepted into the physical therapy program that I wanted to attend (with scholarship!), signed the lease for my new apartment (which is awesome), and will have an awards banquet to celebrate my completion of a research program that I’m in here on campus. Additionally, I spoke to a friend of mine in the program who informed me that I’ll have the option of doing one of my clinical rotations in the city of Los Angeles! That would be very cool. Luckily, I have a friend who will be living in Orange County and my girlfriend’s family live in the San Fernando Valley. I think that it would be awesome to be able to practice what I love in such an awesome place and then leave the clinical site and go out and relax on the beach each and every day. Or even better, to be able to go hiking at one of the many national forests in California on the weekends. Ah – dreams.
 
                                  (personal photo of my girlfriend taken at Yosemite in July of 2014)


Earlier this week I had an exam in one class that is very interesting, yet very challenging also. I tend to like those classes the most – the ones that force you to really learn and apply the course content.  I’m ready to finish up all of my projects and turn my focus on studying for my three finals. Luckily, I should be able to get the grades I want in my classes even with average test scores!

2 comments:

  1. I’m not sure if it is the weather helping me to be cheery, but I also agree with you that things seem to just be falling into place. Isn’t it amazing how that works?

    Congratulations on all of your accomplishments and possibilities that have arose! I would really love to live near the beach for a period of time in my life! I’m thinking more Florida than California though.

    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lance! Congratulation! I heard its really hard to get into PT school, but I am glad you made it :) It seems like you have a adventure out there for you! We only have a month left till graduation ! It is crazy how time flies. Hopefully we will both finish strong. I hope you will soon get to enjoy the beach ! Finish strong :)

    ReplyDelete