Monday, April 13, 2015

Gen. Ed. Review


 
                                                                    For The Good of the People
Has Gen. Ed. been an important part of your education at OU?

It has. General education has provided me with the opportunity to learn about an array of subjects that afforded me with a unique perspective on life. I’m glad that I have been able to take these classes. Although at times they were boring or tedious, they assist in creating a well-rounded educational experience.

 What have you liked best/least about your Gen. Ed. experience?

As I mentioned above, these classes were typically tedious and sometimes time consuming. However, in retrospect, they were beneficial for me during this time of great personal growth. Moreover, I am thankful for the opportunity that I’ve had to take my general education classes because they’ve provided me with the tools to critically analyze everyday issues.

 What do you think you will remember most from your Gen. Ed. classes?

I’ll unequivocally remember this class because of the training in a skill (writing) that I’ll use for the rest of my life. Other than that, I’ll never forget the arduous nature of my Native American philosophy class.

If you were to design a Gen. Ed. program, what would it look like? 

It would have to provide students with a class choice that covered topics that were pertinent to their success in the ‘real world.’ I like to look at things practically.

No comments:

Post a Comment