Sunday, March 1, 2015

Reading Review Week


I found both Narayan’s Ramayana and Mahabharata to be very good reads. I viewed as rather pleasant as opposed to a ‘mandatory’ reading assignment. Buck’s Ramayana didn’t interest me very much; however, I think it may be due to the fact that I had just read the story a few weeks back. I appreciate that the class provides us with the option of rereading the epics, but I picked the alternative option because I don’t particularly enjoy reading things twice. I didn’t necessarily use the reading diary directly to build on my storybook, but I did take note of which stories stood out to me. My suggestions for future students would be to utilize the storytelling assignments to create the storybook if possible; some students may enjoy writing a substantial amount, but I preferred to try and keep the workload down.

                                                                         Adept Archer

The image I chose of Rama was chosen because I enjoyed reading about his prowess with the bow. He utilized this ability countless times in the Ramayana and I believe that it provides an apt visual introduction to the story.

1 comment:

  1. Hello again!
    I had the exact same feeling with Buck’s Ramayana. Even though discovering more details was interesting, overall it was still rereading the same story. It is not as much fun when you already know what is going to happen! Cool choice on your picture here, as well! I agree that it is a good choice to introduce the Ramayana.

    ReplyDelete